The Catskills Academy of Performing Arts (CAPA)
offers a year-round array of programs and activities, based on the belief that involving arts in a community bonds its members together.
A key goal of all our programs is to reach out to new generations of music fans.
Our community engagement programs offer the following:
- Year-round choral training is open to all ages and levels of experience, free of charge. Phoenicia Community Choir and Woodstock Community Chorale, both created by Maria Todaro, are featured at the Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice each summer, and also perform at community events.
- School visits consists of motivational clinics and enrichment programs for K-12 with Justin Kolb.
- “Working with Masters” is a 5-day intensive youth music program for children aged 8-12 each summer.
- “Community Sings” is an opportunity for audience members to experience the joy of singing together, offered regularly during the Festival.
- Official Festival Banner Design: allows 4-5 selected children each year to work with an established artist to design the official Festival banners to be hung on Main Street, Phonicia.
- Private Voice/Piano Lessons are traditional private lessons with CAPA faculty members for all ages.
- Boyerstock Youth Orchestra